TECHNICAL DIRECTOR Live Oak Community Church
Lubbock, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 05/22/2020
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Technical Director Role at Live Oak is focused on supporting our mission of Making More and Stronger Followers of Jesus through the technical and creative arts. The Technical Director exists to create a distraction free environment where people can encounter and worship Jesus. We are seeking a Technical Director that will produce excellent live services in our auditorium and online broadcast platforms. This leader has both the technical vision and skills to operating equipment, but also the people skills to lead paid staff and volunteers. We envision high quality live events while also expanding our reach on digital platforms.
Live Oak Community Church (live-oak.org) is an authentic body of believers located in Lubbock, Texas. We have been in exisistence over 25 years. Lubbock is a West Texas town of about 260,000 people. Home of 2 colleges, including Texas Tech University, Lubbock has strong public school systems and is a medical and healthcare hub.
- Managing the Sunday experience through all technology
- Creating a distraction free environment where people can encounter and worship Jesus
- Recruiting, training and managing all tech volunteer and staff members in various AVL positions - Managing all video production for in and out of service applications
- Driving creative content to support all ministries at Live Oak
- Provide spiritual leadership and genuine care for the well-being of volunteers
- Oversee the maintenance and management of lighting systems, including: updating hardware, software, and equipment firmware; regular cleaning and maintaining fixtures and equipment; and hanging and removing of damaged lighting fixtures for repair
- Provide system maintenance and acquisition for all AVL equipping in all venues
- Provide leadership and oversight to all systems support (audio, media, video and lighting) for the worship experience including the operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of all equipment.
- Oversee the programming of lighting cues, creation service visuals, and operation of lighting equipment for regular weekly services and special events.
- Experience in live Audio/Video/Lighting in a church setting
- Experience working with and leading volunteer teams
- Experience with ProPresenter, Wirecast, Blackmagic ATEM Production Switchers and Ableton Live
The Technical Director reports to Clay Thomas (Worship Pastor) and works closely with Creative Pastor, Mindy Porter
- This is a Full Time position requiring 40+ hours a week
- Salary Based on experience
ReSermon provides this curated site for communication professionals looking for opportunities to help the local church engage the public square.